Advertisement for Senior Accountant – LinkedIn. A position for a Senior Accountant at Northerns Cricket Union, Titans Cricket (Pty) Ltd, has become available.
The important criteria for the appointment are set out below and, although not exhaustive, would serve as a guideline in assessing a prospective candidate.
A well-established company, in business for over 50 years, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team and support the Financial Manager with the full financial function. This company is seeking a Financial Accountant who can apply accounting principles and procedures and implement procedures to ensure control of the accounting function. The role will report directly to the Financial Manager.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Financial Accountability
• Posting of invoices to correct accounts and business units
• Payroll reconciliations
• Posting of Journals
• Preparation of Tax and Vat returns
• Internal Control Management
• Cashbooks are performed and reviewed weekly
• Payroll processes are adhered to
• Cash ups occur daily
• Management reports are compiled
• Monthly review of recons and expenses
• Fixed Asset Register
• To manage ordering, receiving and checking out of all inventory
• Assisting with annual audit preparations
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned
The incumbent displays the following competencies:
• Strong Accounting, Taxation and Auditing knowledge
• Ability to Organise
• Attention to Detail
• Conflict Management
• Management of Financial Resources
• Mathematical Reasoning
• Planning and Organising
• Problem Solving
• Stress Tolerance
• Time Management
• Using Financial information
• Working with data/numbers
Recommended Education & Qualification
• BCom in accounting
• Completed SAICA / SAIPA articles
• Accounting articles, preferably in a small audit firm
• 3+ years plus relevant accounting experience
• Experience in Sage Evolution & Sage VIP would be beneficial
• Advanced Excel
Skills & Requirements
• Extensive knowledge of financial statements
• Excellent Listening skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
• Strong People skills
• Diligent and high attention to detail, able to identify errors and make corrections
• Motivated and resourceful, able to resolve issues completely
• Able to work well under pressure when required
• Strong organizational and stress management skills
• Strong technical knowledge
• Up to date with the latest accounting standards and best practices
• Thorough understanding of legal and tax aspects, including Companies Act, Income Tax Act, and VAT Act etc.
• Strong business acumen and thorough understanding of economic affairs.
• Ability to train and manage staff.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision
• Ability to work overtime if and when needed
Interest candidates should email a CV to:
The closing date for applications is Friday, 4 August 2023.
Successful candidates will be contacted with full details on the next steps of the requirement process.